Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Doughnut Belly (First Trimester in a Nutshell)

I've been really into documenting the pregnancy with pictures each week.  The early ones are eh, but then I decided I wanted a chalkboard to document this experience.  I nagged Tim for a good month to make the chalkboard so that I could take weekly pics to see the progress and growth of our baby.  He's amazing and made me one, I'll have to write in another post how he did it, so easy!  So now let's play catch up...
Tim & I were just starting to get into crossfit and the paleo diet before I got pregnant so my pre-pregnancy picture was during that time (prob taken in Feb or March).  I was extremely lucky and never really got morning sickness (something I was worried about before becoming pregnant since my mom was sick her entire pregnancies).  I felt nauseous and definitely had to pass on certain foods but no horrible throwing up all the time experiences.  Bowls of cereal and bread were my go-to's in the first trimester.

And then Tim made the CHALKBOARD (YAY!)
oh and here was Tim at 11 weeks... he didn't want to be left out.

We were in Maui from week 11.5 - 12.5 (yes, I count half weeks).  We couldn't quite fit the chalkboard in our suitcase so we did belly shots on the beach (haha, that sounds funny).  Above is me at 12 weeks.

Took the pic on the top when I was 12 weeks 5 days but we were still in Hawaii, had to get one more beach belly pic in.  Pic below it is legit 13 weeks.

Since these pics have been taken, I've gotten more of a real belly and not an "I look like I ate too many doughnuts belly."  I'll be sharing those pics too!

No comments:

Post a Comment