Thursday, October 10, 2013

Gossip Bench Goodness

Who has heard of a gossip bench?!  If you have, and you've been holding out on me shame on you.  I am obsessed with these adorable pieces of furniture.  We were lucky enough to get one!  The piece has been in Tim's family for years and I love that we get to keep it with a fresh new look in our home.  I actually did this furniture makeover a LONG time ago (like before I was pregnant a long time ago).  But I love how it turned out and thought I'd share.

This was my very first painting furniture experience EVER.  I didn't really know what to expect but I followed some great tips from this tutorial.  The one thing I did not have that I wish I did was an automatic sander.  This would have saved me hours and probably made the whole experience take about a quarter of the time that it did.  Nonetheless now I know for my future furniture painting extravaganzas.

Here it is at the start

Here it is after what felt like days of sanding it down

Tada!  And here is the finished product! I used Benjamin Moore Woodlawn Blue paint and got the knob from Anthropologie.

7 comments:

  1. Great job Tara, I love how the bench turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good!! Love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was happy with how the color turned out!

      Delete
  3. You are my hero. How are you so cute, so fun, so smart, so athletic AND so talented? Share the wealth, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you are doing a great work on this post. i am really amazed to see the way you are working on this blog.
    Online Beds and Mattresses shop

    ReplyDelete