Monday, November 11, 2013

34 Weeks, Happy Veterans Day!!!

How far along? 34 Weeks - oh em gee, it's feeling real close
Maternity clothes? Can we talk about how adorable this sweater is?! I mean it's kind of perfect for the holidays...
Sleep: I'm falling asleep real easily at night and then wake up a few times to go to the bathroom.  But here's the kicker, I've been waking up at 6 and been AWAKE, like I can't fall back asleep awake. I'm hoping it's a phase because I want to soak up all the sleep I can get in these next few weeks!
Best moment this week: I was given another baby shower by my wonderful aunts and grandma last Saturday.  They went above and beyond and it was SO adorable.  Also we played the cutest baby shower games.  My favorite was an Alphabet book game - my aunt passed out pieces of paper with a capital-letter and lower-case letter for each letter of the alphabet.  She gave everyone markers and each person decorated a letter of the alphabet.  She is going to take all the pages that were decorated and make the baby his very own personalized Alphabet book!  I thought it was the cutest idea ever.  Oh and of course there was a winner, I chose the letter I thought was decorated the best, if you know my family you know there's always a tense competition. :)
Food cravings: I am trying to tell my body to crave healthy foods but it just doesn't always listen to me.  I still get excited to eat cereal every morning.
Looking forward to: Thursday night - it's our date night (Tim's days off are weird).  This week we actually have our hospital tour on Thursday night so we'll be checking that out and then I'm looking forward to a good dinner in Santa Monica! 
Baby item of the week: I've made some major progress this week in the nursery and I owe it to Tim for hanging and putting together the crib and moving furniture all around and my SIL who helped me decide what goes where. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!  On that note, I've been looking at more decor and I love all the sweet signs that have cute sayings on them.  Here are a few of my favorites.

or there's this one
Can you tell I like the moon signs?

This is so cute, I think it'd be adorable in the bathroom.

Here's a few pictures from the Baby Shower on Saturday, I'll post more once I get all the pictures from my Grandma, she's the best photographer! :)
My dad has 3 sisters, I'm so lucky to have these wonderful women.
 
My sweet cousins
 And my favorite momma who had a baby 3 weeks ago - BEAUTIFUL!
This might be the cutest cake I've ever seen, I'm sorry I don't have a picture that is bigger, but I LOVE all the animals on it!

My grandma is one of seven girls, they were all at the shower. I adore them!

And because it's Veterans Day I have to give a shout out to my amazing Veteran husband who served in the Marines for 4 years.  I'm so grateful to him and all the other men and women who sacrifice so much for our country.  



No comments:

Post a Comment